Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
We start with the best local seasonal organic produce, sustainable seafood, the purest farmed animals and the historic foods that have defined this landscape for generations. The food is responsibly grown, harvested, sourced and the menu changes with the seasons. We pride ourselves in making our dishes from scratch and with a light touch. You can also find items that are vegetarian, vegan and gluten free on our menu.
The Carriage House Restaurant at Houmas House and Gardens offers a more casual dining experience in one of the most beautiful Dining Rooms in America. Whether dining at our 40 foot long grand dining room table, or an intimate table for two, our style is Comfortable and Southern. Our menu is a collection of Classic Southern Dishes, with twists to make them our very own.
Family Owned and Operated
About the Owner: Mr. Kulici is currently pursuing his professional career here in Louisiana. After 25 years he has devoted an exasperating amount of time and creativity to the art of food and hospitality. Consistency and culinary drive sets his goals to constant expansion and entrepreneur opportunities that are currently unfolding here in Louisiana. LaContea Italian Restaurant has now been open since February of 2017. The modern Italian ambiance and cuisine is touched with elements of traditionalism and flavor that brings more nuance to the idea of comfort Italian food.
Mr. Kulici just released his most recent updated seasonal menu as of November 2023.
With over 170 different wines to choose from, LaContea is constantly expanding its repertoire to create a masterpiece selection that truly has something for everyone and features service bar with classic brands and local distributions alike.
Recently voted as BEST BBQ (two years in a row!) and BEST BBQ Restaurant in Baton Rouge.
BRQ believes in supporting local vendors and making everything from scratch. Enjoy award winning, chef driven, upscale BBQ, with fresh seafood, specials and craft cocktails. Try our frozen drinks including the Pomegranate Margarita, Whiskey Wake-Up, and our signature house favorite FROSE! Save room for our legendary jumbo Carrot Cake too.
Come explore our newest location: Superior Grill Highland!
Enjoy some fabulous Mexican fare in our exquisite dining space on Highland Road or choose to sit on our spacious climate-controlled patio while sipping on a refreshing margarita or ice-cold beer! We'll see you soon!
It's always a good time at Portobello's Grill.
A Southern version of the quaint cafes in Paris, with the sophistication and casual flare of New York City bistros, incorporating the flavors, culture and lagniappe of Louisiana was to us the perfect and distinct approach.
- MJMarcusJMemphis / West Tennessee •1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoGreat food and service. Our waitress Carin was very welcoming and knowledgeable. Definitely will visit again soon!More infoSullivan's Steakhouse - Baton Rouge$$$$Price: Expensive• Steakhouse• Baton Rouge•4
- BCBrendanCWashington, D.C. Area •17 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoOur server, Christian was excellent and very attentive to our needs. The salad bar was extremely fresh and everything was delicious and interesting. My wife tried the lobster bisque, and her mind was blown. When we started allowing them to deliver meats to the table, it was one delicious item after another. We had a nice bottle of wine recommended by Christian, which I will drink again. It was wonderful evening for my wife and I. Thank you very much, Texas de Brazil.More infoTexas de Brazil - Baton Rouge$$$$Price: Expensive• Steakhouse• Baton Rouge•4.3
- BBarbaraNew Orleans / Louisiana •5 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoWe love eating on the patio at SoLou! This was our first time trying their brunch, and it was so scrumptious. The Shrimp and Grits had a generous number of shrimp as well as Tasso, with a flavorful sauce. The Mascarpone French Toast was divine with plenty of fresh blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries. Our server, Chaz, was attentive, friendly, and fun.More infoSoLou Restaurant$$$$Price: Expensive• Contemporary Southern• Baton Rouge•4.6
- BTBasicTasteNew Orleans / Louisiana •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoThe environment was comfortable and the service was excellent. The lights were dim and it was quiet enough for a conversation without struggling to hear one another.The waitress checked with us consistently and was able to give good suggestions on the menu. I will be back!More infoJuban's Restaurant and Bar$$$$Price: Expensive• Creole / Cajun / Southern• Baton Rouge•4.6
- GHGeorgeHvipNew Orleans / Louisiana •30 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoHad business dinner. Superb cuisine. Every dish was prepared perfectly. Appetizer was Ahi Tuna, supreme quality cut & fresh. Wedge Salad was outstanding with fantastic blue cheese. Main dish: enjoyed Sea Bass which was nicely seasoned & cooked to perfection. Excellent service from Rox. She was professional & knowledgeable.More infoRuth's Chris Steak House - Baton Rouge$$$$Price: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Baton Rouge•5
Discover Baton Rouge
The cultural melting pot of Baton Rouge reflects the diversity of its population in the depth of its dining options. Put simply, if you love seafood, you can't go wrong. Classic fusion cuisines like creole and Cajun are a trademark of this Southern city, but soul food and contemporary fine dining also abound. It's as easy to find great barbecue as it is to find great gumbo in Baton Rouge. And don't forget about crawfish season when you can get your favorite crustaceans prepared a dozen different ways. The city also takes its sweets seriously with even its best dinner menus putting equal emphasis on the quality of their desserts.
Frequently asked questions
As of March 4, 2024 there are 63 restaurants in Baton Rouge. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Steakhouse, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary Southern, Creole, Steak and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Baton Rouge who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Baton Rouge either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Residence Inn Baton Rouge Towne Center at Cedar Lodge
- Hyatt Place Baton Rouge/I-10
- Alex Box Stadium
- Sherwood Shopping Center
- Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center
- Airline Highway Parish Park
- Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel
- Enchanted Mansion Doll Museum
- Louisiana State Capitol
- Perkins Road Olympia Field
- Gus Young Park
- Mid City Shopping Center
- Jefferson Plaza Shopping Center
- Myrtle Park
- Longbow Shopping Center
- Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge
- Burbank Terrace Shopping Center
- Laura Plantation
- Highland Road Park
- Acadian Thruway Shopping Center