Make a free reservation
Available for lunch now in McAllen
New restaurants to OpenTable in McAllen
Check out diners' favorite restaurants in McAllen
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
We want to innovate and respect the nature of ingredients by creating combinations of flavors that will make you disconnect and focus on the present.
Our goal is to create a new concept that merges a relaxed atmosphere with a fine dining experience. With unique passion and a never resting creative mind, our Chef will provide you a fine yet modern gourmet experience.
Our bar has the largest and most eclectic array of Agave Spirits our region has seen in recent years. Our cocktails are hand crafted and feature fresh squeezed juices from our valley’s finest citrus and produce. Our wine list celebrates Mexican and Mexican–American wine makers that are making their impression on the wine world by expressing their talent and that of generations of viticulturists that shaped the landscape of California, Baja and beyond.
We invite you to be transported and experience the nostalgic flavors of México.
At the Republic of the Rio Grande, our attention to detail and the way we present a platter tells you that dining here is going to be special, no matter the occasion. We strive to create a sumptuous and exciting dining experience for all of our guests
Disclaimer: For Friday and Saturday reservations please call the restaurant directly. We recommend giving us up to a 24 hour notice if you would like to book with us due to possible low availability.
Outdoor dining in McAllen
See what locals rave about in McAllen
- KKrysAustin •2 reviews5.0Dined 7 days ago5 out of 5 with the following PROS and CONS. First I’ll list the positives: ambiance, cocktails, steaks, Mac and cheese, appetizers, staff. CONS: scallops (they were not seared enough and only 3 were served … I expect at least 4 even for fine dining experiences), pork chop (it was tasty BUT the chicharron part was too crispy to enjoy … 2 guests almost broke teeth trying). With that said, we still rate a 5 out of 5 despite the couple cons we experienced. We would definitely return on our next trip to the RGV.More infoSALT$$$$• Contemporary American• McAllen•4.7
- MRMarioRCorpus Christi / McAllen •3 reviews4.0Dined on Jun 2, 2023The ambiance and service are GREAT! My steak not so great. I ordered a tomahawk and asked for it to be medium and I received it well done. For the cost of the steak I would think they would cook it to my liking.More infoAmbra$$$$• Steakhouse• McAllen•4.5
- SDSDenisDvipLas Vegas •63 reviews5.0Dined on Jun 1, 2023This is one of our favorite restaurants in town. The food is always fresh and full of flavor . We love it !More infoMikhuna Japanese-Peruvian Cuisine$$$$• Japanese• McAllen•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerLas Vegas •3 reviews5.0Dined on May 20, 2023Service is always great. The shrimp appetizer is my favorite! Great food!More infohouse. wine. & bistro.$$$$• Contemporary American• McAllen•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerSan Antonio •2 reviews5.0Dined on May 18, 2023Wonderful from walking in to the very last bite. Highly recommend oh and steak was amazingMore infoSanta Fe Steakhouse and Cantina$$$$• Steakhouse• McAllen•4.7
McAllen might not be one of the most well-known cities in Texas, but its restaurant scene is surprisingly diverse while still holding that Texan flair for large portions and bold flavors. As one might expect, it's a town that understands meat. Steakhouses and Tex-Mex restaurants dominate the imaginations of both locals and critics, and they make up for a lack of elegance with a practiced understanding of how to handle the grill. That's not to say you won't find fine dining in the city of McAllen. If you're looking for a modernist, seafood-inspired spin on Japanese cuisine, a traditionally sumptuous Italian feast, or an upscale take on Cajun cuisine, you'll find something to love in McAllen. Many restaurants stock their kitchens with fresh meat and produce direct from the local farmers market.
Frequently asked questions
Child friendly restaurants in McAllen include Liam's Steakhouse - South Padre Island, Texas de Brazil - Mcallen and Dave & Buster's - McAllen
- Dolphin Research And Sea Life Nature Center
- Gibson Park
- Las Palomas Wildlife Management Area Champion Unit
- Astroland Park
- Executive Inn Mercedes
- Mighty Minnow Marina
- Santa Maria Pumping Station
- Las Palomas Wildlife Management Area Chapote Unit
- Mckinney Park
- Queen Isabella State Fishing Pier
- Lower Rio Grande Valley National Wildlife Refuge
- San Juan Plaza
- Northwest Park
- Oblate Park
- Lions Park
- Square Tank Windmill
- Estacion Charco Azul
- Lighthouse Park
- Baha Park
- Los Cabos III Condominiums